Tuesday 3 August 2010

Garage finally done.


I've spend the last couple months on the weekends working in the garage. When we moved into the new house the end of Sept 2007 we basically set the house up and the rest sat in the garage. a lot of it was what had been in storage from years ago. I went through a lot but not all and of course didn't want to get rid of everything. This time I went through all the boxes and got rid of so much...8 boxes of books, mine and kids, games, cloths and just stuff. Asked my Cassandra if she wanted any of the old stuff and she said no so out it went. We piled it all up in the driveway with some old wood that burned really bad.and the guys from work came and picked it up and took it to the dump. they did take the kids books and games to one of our programs for the kids. As you can see the pile was pretty big.
My husband and son finished putting the table away I'd been using, used the blower and blew out the dust, cobwebs and dog hair. They put out the rug, vaccumed it and brought up the treadmill. Now it looks like a regular garage.
We've never used the garage for the cars but now we can put the Honda in during the winter if we want. I can use the treadmill and not bother anyone. It was down in Ethan's room and usually had cloths hanging on it. All I need now is a fan for the summer and a small heater for the winter.
I'll have to take a picture it finished.. just can't beliveve it's done.. Now I even have room to put my cutting table so I can pin my quilts together. If I have to leave it overnight, it won't be in anyones way. Just turn the music on and pin away. since I have the larger area now, I've thought about having Ben get a big piece of plywood to lay on top when I have a queen or king to pin. I wouldn't have to move it as much as I do now.
Now that the garage is all done, I won't feel guilty if I'm on the computer or sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment