Sunday 11 December 2011

Linda's finished quilt


I know it's been a while since I last posted but the finishing took a while. It ended up 97 by 115. It was to big to pin at home so I had to take it in to my office and use two of the big tables to lay it out. Ethan showed up after I got it all laid out and started pinning. We pinned for about 3 hours...that's a lot of pins.
Because it's so huge, I wasn't able to do all the machine quilting but I did do all the straight stitching to hold everything down, plus the binding. Linda will have to do the rest of the cross stitch in the center.
the quilt has 30, 16 1/2 inch blocks. It was so big that Ben and Ethan couldn't hold the whole thing up, so we folded it in half and I took the picture of them holding it up in front of the garage. It was hugh. It should fit my sisters queen bed with no problem. She didn't know what it looked like except from the couple pictures already posted or what other colors I was using.
She was really happy with the final results.

No comments:

Post a Comment