Sunday 25 October 2009

New quilting project


Bought a few pieces of the Lucy fabric this past summer for my birthday. After finishing my Halloween wall hanging needed to get something else going so decided to get working on it. First i had to decided on which fabrics went with it to make up the additional blocks.



I decided to make a Snowball 9 Patch. Figured it would show off most of the fabric pretty good. Then the hard part comes and that's cutting out all the stripes and then all the squares.






Sewing all the stripes together for the 9 patch is pretty easy work but then you need to cut them all out..one at a time. Then the next step is to pin the sections together. It's much easier keeping them together while sewing if you pin. It takes a bit of time but being acurrate is worth it.



My two piles of nine patch blocks. Squaring them up is the next step. I think that's the part I like least. It just takes so much time. I just want to get busy putting the rows together.





Now before I can put the rows together the next step is to either use a marker and draw a line from corner to corner or to press them point to point. Then I need to sew them on each corner of the squares to make them into the Snowballs. This part will take a bit and I'll probably work on it most of the week... a few blocks at a time.
If I'm home I usually work a couple hours on my projects but the last couple weeks we seem to be running all over. This week I've been working on my husbands costume for the race yesterday. I'll post pictures later of the Hell Hounds.



No comments:

Post a Comment