Sunday 3 April 2011

Beautiful day













Friday's I'm off at noon. This week I took my camera with me. We had an extremely warm day. It was just gorgeous, 70 degrees. I decided to stop my Cassandra's office and the clouds were so neat so I took a couple pictures.



I don't usually have my camera with me when I see clouds like this so I had fun. Of course I only kept a couple.




We have such large flocks of Canadian Geese in our area and I've always wanted to take pictures. So today I decided it was the day. I ended up driving to a couple different spots and nothing. Then I decide to head off towards Ethan's school to sit and read until time for him to come out but as I was driving the sky to the right of me just got black with them. Of course there was no place to park so I had to drive past, turn around and come back. I took several pictures and if you click on the picture to make it larger you will be able to see the geese just






hovering over the wet lands..we have a large area set aside for that. After a while they just got up and flew off again.I just sat there watching then hover then settle.




I decided to drive up a little further and found a place to park at the bottom of walking path that goes through the wet lands. This was the view I had..just gorgeous.




I'm sitting there and all of a sudden I can hear them but I can't see them anywhere. Then out of no where they start showing up...but in long lines. It was tough to get pictures but I was able to get a few that really turned out pretty nice.



I even got one where I was looking straight ahead then folllowed them over head and snapped the picture.


I was so tickled that I got some good shots on my first time out shooting pictures.







Again if you click on the pictures you can see the geese a lot better. I'm hoping I can get out and get a few pictures this summer instead of sitting on my duff every weekend. Not that I'm quitting quilting but in between projects I need to be a little more active.





Hope you all enjoy my new hobby...

No comments:

Post a Comment