Friday 20 July 2012

We get Chester

I got a call from Leslie, Chester's owner June 1st telling us that the Vet said the pups could go home after that Sunday, unfortunately I couldn't go up during the week to get him so the next Saturday would have to be it.

June 9th Cassie and I head up to Salem to pick Chester up. We decided to stop at the pet shop to get him a collar, leash and bed. After checking out the beds we decided to let Chester pick it out so off to pick up my new baby.

Well, turns out Chester was the last one to go. The others had been picked up by Wednesday so after 7 brothers and sisters to play with, poor little Chester was all alone with just his mom. He did act happy to see us either that or just someone else to play with.

Off we went to the PetSmart. We got the collar Ben & I picked out before and then to the beds. We put a couple on the floor and let him decide. We picked the one he kept trying to shake. We put the back left and the front passenger seat down. this way we could lay the bed down and I could see out front. We didn't figure he'd be happy in the back by himself so I decided to sit with him.

I got him a stuffie call Lamb Chop to keep him company on the way home. He looked so cute laying there not a whole lot bigger than the toy.  The drive home wasn't to bad. We stopped about half way there to stretch our legs and to let him out to go potty.  He liked playing in the grass. About 45 minutes from home he decided he didn't want to sleep in his bed and was really whiny so I decide to hold him.


Look at those paws.. they are huge. He is definitely going to be a big boy but that's what I wanted.  Well we brought him in through the garage to introduce him to the girls.  Tootsie was more interested in him than Chase. She really didn't want anything to do with him but then it took her a month or so to get used to Tootsie and she was a little over 2 when we got her.. Now she has to deal with a puppy.



Tootsie does show a lot of patience with Chester and they really get going pretty rough but for as big as she is hasn't hurt him. No more than an extra nip now and then..but I'm sure Chester has done a lot more than nipping.






I think what he has wanted most of all was to just have someone to snuggle with. After all with as many siblings as he had he has to be missing them. Once the girls let him snuggle he settles down. Chase has been the hardest to convince this is all he wants.   He does like to be close to me too. When I'm in my quilt room he wants me to sit with him but has been really good about laying by himself.


Of course I have to make sure he isn't cold too. He stayed like this for quite a while..until Tootsie barked and woke him up then he had to go check it out too.

next....our frst week

1 comment: