Monday 25 October 2010

It's almost Halloween



Well, it's almost Halloween and the end of October.. Thought I'd share a wall hanging I did last year for the season.. Boy the year has gone by so quick. I can't believe it's only two months until Christmas from today and I have no clue as what to get anyone.

I've been so lazy the last couple weeks. I didn't work on anything after the pillow and started feeling guilty. I pinned all the inner sashing to the rows and then sewed them on. Then they sat on my table until this last weekend when I pressed the sashing and pinned the rows together two at a time so I have three sets to sew. I finally folded the dark and white cloths from last weekends wash. Told you I was feeling lazy.

I was thinking I might work on them after dinner tonight. Once the row sets are stitched then I need to stitch the three sets together and then decide what I'll do for the next border. I thought I might continue with the green strip with the lavender corners for the outside border. Then maybe a lavender border. Still not sure if that will be all or not. Because of the block designs you really can't put any print border. It would really take away the inner design.

Getting that wild hair again, I think to finish it off I'll have to do some stitching on the block itself to hold it in place besides the stitching at the sashing edge. Otherwise when my sister washes it, it will all pull and become distorted. Putting the quilt together is a lot of work but nothing compaired to cross stitching 30 blocks. I think she'd be a little ticked if it came apart in the wash. This part will take a little while. Maybe a couple weekends. That way I will have plenty of light to see the printed lines.


well maybe next time I'll have more pictures to show of the quilt and my running husband and dog...

No comments:

Post a Comment