Monday 11 October 2010

Sisters blocks continued...


Well I was back at my sister's quilt again this weekend. I've had a couple small projects and tired body the last couple weekends so haven't done anything.
I decided instead of making one long strip pieced together that I'd make corner blocks. She had said she liked pale green or lavender and the green was all we could find that really matched, so that's what will seperate all the blocks. Then yesterday I went out and found pale lavendar, really the bolt end said it was orcid. but I took a strip with me to make sure they were the same pale colors and the worked together. I may even put a small border around the outside to sort of break up the green.
Now that I have the strips all cut, I need to cut them into block size. I think that takes the longest...the prep time. Sewing the strips together and then onto the blocks is quick. Well if it was a quick process, more people would be doing it.
next picture will be the rows with the new sashings...

No comments:

Post a Comment