Saturday 21 January 2012

My current project

This is my latest project. It's from Quilters World, Dec 2011. I wanted something to work on before I started my next big quilt. Didn't realise that this would be such a challenge. I'd never done anything with a border like this.  It was a little rough to begin with but decided I need to keep going.. I quilted the runner first and then attaching the flowers and stems. That's not how they showed doing it but since I'd done my last one that way figured I'd give it a try. So far so good. I have the two single flowers attached and just pressed the lighter one a couple nights ago. I'm hoping, if my weekend doesn't get to goofy on me to finish it by Sunday night. Once I start the stitching it seemed to go pretty fast. So one pressed, ready to sew...three more to go.  Because it is my first attempt at something different, It will probably stay with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment