Sunday 29 January 2012

My weekend project.

I bought a fruits & vegetable quilt kit for my birthday summer before last. something I'd been wanting to make for a long time. The pattern is in a book called Six Halves Make a Whole and it's called All Shook up. My quilt will really look nothing like the book quilt. Well, I finished two small quilts and a table runner so I decided to do this one. When I first took out the book and started reading the pattern I thought I'd bit off more than I could chew but once I started it has gone pretty smoothly. I ironed the fabric Friday night and started the cutting Saturday morning. I just finished putting all the blocks together a little before 11 tonight. Now to get the blocks all sewn together. It will probably take me to next weekend. I seem to get very tired after dinner anymore and can fall asleep in my chair. here's a picture of what my blocks look like.
there are 6 sets of 6 different blocks. You should have seen my table. I had 8 piles of all the sizes with post-its to tell me the size. I hadn't done one like this is a long time. It turned out pretty fun. The kit also came with fabric for two borders. the inner border will be broccoli and the outside one is seed packets.
Well it's getting late and I do have to get up for work tomorrow. I'll post more pictures when I'm got the top finished.

1 comment:

  1. That's going to be great! It inspires me to find all of mine like that.

    ReplyDelete