Sunday 18 April 2010

My Little Red Hen quilt


Finally Finished the top. The two color border was Ben's idea. The computer doesn't do the color justice. It's really bright yellow and red. I drew up the design on EQ6. It's really lots of fun. The hard part is not having the colors or fabric designs that are really current so at times it's hard to come up with the right look.



How about a more up close look at the block. the Hens around the outside have a white background and those in the center have a pale yellow.
I have the batting for it but not sure what to put on the back yet. I also have my moose, the barn yard gang and the sudoku top to sandwich together. I figure I need one more project to work on then sandwich them all and the quilt them all. I like finishing them up that way, especially if they are not meant to go to someone. Then I'd finish them right away.
Can you believe it's the middle of April already...
Happy Quilting

No comments:

Post a Comment