Thursday 28 January 2010

It's started....

Well, I ran to Costco after work last night for a new bed for Chase...she had chewed holes all over the last one so it was time. Picked up a couple other things and hot dogs all around. Really cheap dinner and everyone loves them.

After dinner we sat around for a bit before I said I was going to my room to work. I started tracing the pattern and managed to get through the first 4 pages. They are about the size of an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper folded and there are 9 pages. I said it would take a bit to get them all done. The smaller pieces aren't to tough but the large pieces take longer because you have to be careful when you shift that you stay aligned with what you have already done. Because the fusible likes to come loose, I'm trying to trim the excess off as close to the outside line as possible so i can just fuse it to the fabric. Cutting out all the points out only once would be nice.

I did have to stop about 10:30 to clean Chase's ears. She's a lab and has had ear problem since she was little. Most of the time she is okay but once in a while she has stages where they bother her and she looks lopsided. Of course after I clean, mom has to love so that took a bit. Then back to work.

I think I must have stopped for a few to watch what was on TV because the next thing I knew it was almost 11:15. Well I knew if I went to bed then I'd be awake off and on...that's what little naps do to me. So I worked on the tracing til about 12:30 and decided it was time for bed. Now Friday night if I work on it, who knows when I'll go to bed because I don't have anywhere to be Saturday. Just plan on messing around the house and I already have Chili planned for dinner so I'll be in 7th heaven most of the weekend.

Don't know, but is it still illegal (copywrite stuff) to take pictures of projects like this as you go. I mean you aren't going to really be able to see the pattern well enough to copy it and pictures of my work in progress won't probably tell you anything either. I just might do it, just to have pictures to post with my progress or frustration (I'm sure there will be plenty). If anyone hollers, I'll stop.

Again...so excited to get home and work.... having leftover homemade lasagna. It's amazing what quick meals you can come up with when you want to work on something exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment