Saturday 30 January 2010

Step 1...



Now it really begins. Off to the left you can see the pattern page. There are 9 11x17 pages of pieces to trace onto fusible web. This I buy sort of in bulk so I have it on hand all the time. I ran out last night so had to stop for the night.

I just went to Joann's this morning to buy more. I handed the bolt to the cutter and said I wasn't sure how much was there but thought I wanted the whole thing. She started to check and said it hadn't been used yet so there was 20 yards. Well it was 1.89 a yard and I had a 50% coupon so I took the whole thing. I have an old hard tube that I bought the fusible on years ago that I keep with maybe a couple yards at a time. This way I can put the bolt away and just have a little out at a time. it keeps it from getting all shredded on the ends too.

In the box is what I've traced so far. I think I'm going to do it in several steps. Tracing out a bunch then fusing it and at least cutting out the pieces. Then doing more. That way I don't have a huge box of the fusible. Once I get it fused to the fabric then I can do the more final detailed cutting.

The posting of pictures might not be as often since I think this Step will be a long one but I'll still try to post a little now and then. I like having something to do with my hands in the evening, otherwise I'll sit and fall asleep as soon as I sit down.

Well it's early yet but I'm off to make chili so I can work on it while it's still light out. We don't usually do much on the weekends but for a while now I'll have something to look forward to at the end of a crappy week. Later

No comments:

Post a Comment