Monday 1 February 2010

part B of Step 1


Guess there really isn't any part A or B but it's still part of the tracing process. Finished all the tracing mostly Saturday and all the excess paper away. Figured the detailed cutting was for later. On Sunday, as you can see by the picture I fused them all on to the fabric and then cut them out.
I did sort of follow one of their hints. Each pattern piece had two sets of numbers (A1-5 and #4). The first was the pattern piece number and the second was the fabric number. Remember I said I had Ben come in and help me decide which colors were what and then put numbers on each to keep straight. Well they suggested you put them in bags. Since I didn't want to drag out bags from the kitchen, I used folders. I put a small post-it with the number on the tab and as I cut the fusible out I put the pieces in the prospective fabric folder. Then when I was ready to fuse the pieces to the fabric I just had to go folder by folder. Since the pieces sort of roll it kept them flat. This, I think is a good suggestion for any pattern that has a lot of pieces.
I did start cutting out one of the colors and it is going to be slow going. A lot of the pieces show the fur in points and small points at that. Of course it was about 10:30 when I started to cut so that might have been a factor to look at. I was wanting to start the cutting before bed to at least see what they looked like. The fabric is all different designs and until you start putting it together, don't see the Moose. I've done several smaller projects batiks before so know it will work out fine.
Now the hard part will be, how much house work like dinner, laundry or family time will I forgo to work on my moose. At least I know during the week I come home and start dinner right away. If I had time to sit at my table first, dinner would probably be late. Laundry now is sitting in a basket from Sunday waiting to be folded.... oh well there is always tomorrow....


No comments:

Post a Comment