Monday 15 February 2010

Another, Almost Finished Project


Well, as you can see I finished my moose today. I had it all put together last night but then discovered two missing pieces for the antlers but since it was so late decided to wait until morning to finish. It is now hanging up on my design wall. The only thing left now is to sandwich it together and quilt.
I do like the looks of him but I'm sort of disappointed the fabric was not quite the same as the original pictures. The area around his nose and eye was a little lighter so they stood out a little more but Ben says he looks great. I guess I'm just so used to looking at the picture while putting it together I see the difference more. Overall I think it turned out pretty good. Not sure where I will put it in the house but it will definitely go up somewhere.
I've sort of neglected my room for a while just bringing stuff up and setting it around so I'm going to try and clean it up a little. Figured I could clean this week and sandwich it together and quilt it next weekend. The binding will be the same as the outside border so it won't look much different.
Once I get it quilted I'll have to think of something else to do that isn't quite as intense. Once I began tracing the pieces I started having second thoughts but he's great.

2 comments:

  1. Wow,

    the moose is perfect! It is paper piecing isn't it? I haven't tried it before. On the other hand I haven't tried much , I started 2 years ago, so I am going through the normal pattern first.

    I like your blog, and I want to welcome you in the quilttalk group.

    Marion from Germany

    ReplyDelete