Saturday 6 February 2010

pieces trimmed



Well, it took me all week, a little each night to trim away the excess fabric and fusible. What was nice about having this to do at night is that I could sit with the heating pad on my neck and shoulder. They have both been aching a lot lately.

Now the real fun begins with laying them out. According to the instructions, I need to stitch as I go. I've not done that before so we'll see how it works out. I do have to put the base of the moose down before I sew the first little border on, then I can think the outside border comes next before I finish sewing it together. This is going to be a real challenge.

Tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday and I have all day to sew. Tonight is prepping the Mexican layered bean dip for the game. We make our own pi co de ciao and guacamole to go on top so my Saturday night sewing is sort of put off until tomorrow. Cassie found the recipes in the Pioneer Woman's Cookbook and they are very good. Ben is going to drive up to Salem in the morning for a run, then back home for the game. It's just us so nothing special but it's still a sewing day for me. Can't wait.

Having a project like this that stretches out over a period of time makes the work week go by so much faster. Really gives me something to look forward to and incentive to not stress during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment