Monday 8 February 2010

Not So Busy Weekend

Well, it was a busy weekend. Ethan and I went grocery shopping Saturday morning. We had to pick up a bag of dog food so while we were in the area I stopped at the local quilt shop, Something To Crow About. It had been a while since I was in last and they had rearranged everything. They have a rather short ceiling so at times it looks dark but with the rearrangement of the tables it looked pretty good. No I didn't buy anything but was sure tempted.

When we got home Ethan helped put away the groceries and went off to play his game we rented before it had to go back on Sunday. We don't rent very often but this was a new one and he had been really wanting to play. Me, I went up to my room and played with my moose a little.

Sunday was pretty quiet. Cassie came up about 1 and we started fixing the Mexican layer dip for the big game. Instead of meat and cheese, I fixed carrots, celery and dips, crackers, salsa and chips. Wanted something a little different. The kids both whined about it be good stuff but they still munched away.
I fixed the dip on the platter for them and a small plate for me to take up-stairs. Tootsie was going crazy. We set up the long card table with chips & salsa and the dip. Lucky for me she stayed with them and I only had Chase.
I did remember about 3 or so that I hadn't done the laundry yet so between taking care of the cloths, I worked off and on most of the afternoon and evening and made pretty good progress.
I had slept in to about 9 so wasn't tired but decided 1:30 was late enough to stay up.
They suggested you do the eye and antlers first and set them aside, then continue with rest. Well I did put the eye together and part of one antler and decided that it wouldn't make a difference if i did the antlers first or last because they go on the background last regardless. Besides I wanted to work on the moose. I got several pieces onto the background and the little side border on then the bottom border. Then I decided to work on the nose and got most of it done but now need to sort of put the two together. I think the tough part is going to be the quilting.
I am sort of disappointed because the fabric doesn't all match the picture and I'm not sure how it will look. It has light spot on the nose but the fabric is one of the brown/rusts. Will just have to see what comes next.
I'll try and take a couple pictures of the pieces and post them tonight or tomorrow. I might have to rest my hands tonight and fold laundry instead. They were sort of stiff this morning.

Did anyone watch the big game with the husbands? I switched it off and on, mainly wanting to see the commercials. Loved the Doritos w/dog color and the Clydesdale's. The horses are always a big hit with me. Oh, the Betty White w/snickers was pretty good too. They have cut way back on the super commercials..

No comments:

Post a Comment